Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Next...



Scroll reads:

"All Hail Elizabeth Hawkwood, who hits the mark in her service to the Kingdom of the East.

Whether making the rounds to promote the Royal Rounds in rain and shine, or encouraging folks to horse around in the Equestrian Arts has this Lady served not only her local Barony but groups near and far.

By her tireless service has she earned a place in the ranks of our Order of the Silver Crescent, done this 22nd of November, AS XXXVIII in our Royal Forest of Rusted Woodlands on the occasion of the 100 Minutes War.

By Our hand:

Balfar, Rex Luna, Regina"

Recipient: Elizabeth Hawkwood

Award: Silver Crescent

Date: 11/22/03

Event: 100 Minutes War

Royals: Balfar IV and Luna IV

Inspired by: The Black Hours, ~1475, Bruges, Folios 18 verso/19 recto

Materials:
Winsor Newton gouache, black card stock (acid free), silver and gold schminke watercolor, permacoll (for gilding), 22K gold leaf and 10K white gold leaf.

For the calligraphy, I watered down the schminke silver watercolor and mixed it with a little WN imitation silver gouache. I used a #1 Brause nib.
____________________________
This is one of my favorite scrolls. I was so pleased with the way this turned out. I wanted to keep it for myself!! It was amazing working on the dark paper and I loved how the calligraphy came out in silver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home